The Celebrant Fee is only a small percentage of the overall cost of your wedding, but the Ceremony I will perform, and ensuring the legality of your marriage, are the most important parts!
My services for a wedding include:
- initial meeting and discussion – I can come to you, or you can come to me
- completion of Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM)
- creation of your ceremony
- emailing draft ceremonies, phone discussions etc
- second meeting at my office to finalise the ceremony, if needed
- a Canberra based rehearsal
- finalising your ceremony
- tastefully decorated signing table and chairs
- powerful wireless PA system – battery powered – no plug-in power source required
- the PA plays music & your videographer can record the sound through this system
- your Wedding Day!
- completion of all official marriage documents and lodgement with the appropriate State or Territory Births, Deaths and Marriages.
My fees will vary if there is additional travel outside the ACT region and the complexity of the ceremony and this fee can be agreed between us at our first meeting. As I live in the ACT, I travel to Collector, Yass, Gundaroo, Queanbeyan and Bungendore without additional charge. I am more than happy to travel to Goulburn, the South Coast or to the Snowy Mountains, although Ceremonies which are held outside the ACT Region (that is 75kms or more over the ACT border) will attract an additional time and travel fee.
A non-refundable deposit of $350 is requested at the time we complete the NOIM, with the balance payable two weeks prior to the ceremony.
Weddings start at $750, vow renewals, commitments ceremonies start at $550, and funerals are $400.
I will work very hard to ensure your ceremony is memorable for all the right reasons.
There may be charges for ceremonial equipment such as bottles and sand for a sand ceremony, for instance, but these will only be an at-cost charge and will be detailed on my Statement of Fees.